“Joy” of Creating 9-22-17

This week I have been reading in the Adobe Illustrator book. The first five chapters are very informative and somewhat easy to understand. I struggled with some of the shape changing effects and color changing, but had people help me figure things out. The book has good illustrations but I find it easier to learn when someone shows me. There are so many different buttons for different things. My favorite button so far is the delete button, it is very useful.

After the book, I went online and had to choose an Illustrator design. There were about thirty different illustrator designs and tutorials I could choose from. After taking my sweet time I decided to go with the fox tutorial. I personally love animals and thought the fox was good. I read over the instructions over many times and struggled with making the head. I eventually asked for help and fixed my poor creature. When I finished with my fox it was cute and chubby. Somewhere in the tutorial I messed up, but it still looked very alike and it is perfect. I decided to do another one. I wanted to make  a coffee maker illustration, but I messed it up very badly. I made a button out of it instread. I decided to try a different one with leaves. In the end I could not figure out how to make things work out right and instead made a kiwi bird.

With Illustrator aside I had the chance to enter state fair. I was going to send in a photo of my friend’s pet deer. The original picture I was going to send was with the deer sticking it’s nose in the camera. It was fine in the camera, but when I brought it up on a computer the photo was a little blurry. I tried taking another, but the deer was busy. In the end I sent in a photo of a butterfly that I had taken at my neighbors house. I took the photo as the butterfly began to fly off a flower. I feel ok about my photo, but I think others are much better.

Besides State fair many other contests have been offered to me to enter. I do not know how I feel about them though. Yes, I will never know if I never do them, but I do not want to send in random pictures with no feeling in them. When I do photography, I want people to feel as if they could reach into my photo. I want pictures or art that is good and not something quickly made. I have nothing to major to loose if I do them, but I’m just kinda shy about it. I plan to do a few more, but I am not sure yet. I will figure it out sometime .

Published by

Tally

I'm the main character in my story. So far there are 17 chapters in my life. I'm still learning all types of things for my future and can not wait to see what happens next.